I have now been to the NCBA twice and both were very interesting experiences. In 2010, the cattle industry was begging for different fortunes while in 2011 the meeting was lifted with significant bullsihness for cattle prices.
I can remember meeting with Gregg Doud, NCBA Chief Economist at the 2010 meeting where I asked him, “what would be the story of 2010?.” Gregg told me in that interview that the story of 2010 would be exports. Man was he ever right in that prediction. As I headed to Denver for the 2011 meeting I looked forward to his thoughts on what the story of 2011 would be.
- Will the cow herd start to increase in 2011?
- Will meat exports continue to be strong?
- Will the US economy restart, reviving domestic meat demand?
- How high can prices go in 2011?
- How good is this story for the rancher and how concerned should the feeder be.
See More NCBA 11 Coverage
If you cannot see the below embedded video of my discussion with Gregg Doud, Chief Economist with the NCBA, click here