Wheat is an important crop globally. From a food production standpoint, with regards to rotation on the farm and from an economic standpoint, wheat is “key” crop worldwide. The biotech industry has taken notice of this, and a great deal of new interest has been invested into wheat. Companies like Syngenta have expanded their efforts into wheat development recognizing wheat as a crop of global strategic importance.
In this episode of the Wheat School, I talk to Norm Dreger, Syngenta’s North America Cereals Head about a number of questions.
- Why the new interest from biotech companies like yourself?
- What are some of the benefits we’ll see from that new interest?
- Will the results of this new research be of greater benefit to consumers?
- How do you define the term “new technologies” in the seed industry?
- How is wheat lagging and what is the potential for wheat?
See More WHEAT SCHOOL episodes
If you cannot see the embedded video click here.