Earlier this week, I lined up an interview with Dr. Jeannie Gilbert, a plant pathologist at AAFC’s Cereal Research Centre, Winnipeg, Man. I wanted to speak with her about the threat of fusarium head blight for 2013 and what farmers can do now to prevent or manage the disease. When I arrived, I soon learned that while Dr. Gilbert was more than happy to share her knowledge, it was also her last week at work. Dr. Gilbert, after 24 years with AAFC, is retiring. That in and of itself isn’t a sad thing — we all should retire young enough…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!