It’s quite rare for farmers to be front and centre in mainstream media. Still more rare is to see a speech made in the late 70s start trending on Twitter during the Super Bowl, but that’s exactly what happened. While the game wound down and the 49’ers very nearly made a comeback, you’d think Twitter would have been full of Tweets about plays and time-outs and bad calls. Instead, #SoGodMadeAFarmer was trending — all because of a Ram Truck ad featuring Paul Harvey’s speech delivered to the Future Farmers of America in 1978 that extols the virtues and lists the…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!