When the news broke that JBS was going to buy the XL Foods Lakeside plant after the fall 2012 ecoli crisis, many were relieved that a buyer had stepped up. The plant going dark was a much worse scenario for local cattle feeders. Now that the plant deal has closed we thought it would actually be a good time to look at the reasons that JBS would see the Brooks facility as a good fit financially for the company. Was the price to good to be true? How important are the logistics of supply? Does it fit into the needs…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!