This week Agrium shareholders elected its slate of directors hopefully putting to rest a brutal distracting 10 month proxy battle with corporation predator JANA Partners LLC. This has been a long slug fest that quickly got personal as JANA became more and more aggressive in its quest to break up Agrium to attempt to maximize shareholder value. All along JANA has been confident in the feeling that breaking up the manufacturing and retail arms of Agrium was the only way to unlock true shareholder value of the Calgary, AB based company. JANA might not be going away but I am sure Agrium…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!