The new Barley Council of Canada gets it: research and innovation, that’s what makes a difference to farmers.The Calgary-based council, formally incorporated last month, lists research and innovation at the front of its top five priorities. Others include best crop production practices, market development, market access and (I especially like this one) communication within the barley value chain.And when it comes to barley, the front of the pack is where research and innovation belong.Barley research is more than a century old in Canada, and stands as one of this country’s earliest agricultural research success stories. It goes all the way…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!