I’m wondering how federal research scientists and agriculture department personnel feel about Ottawa doing a drum roll to officially open the new $10-million state-of-the-art greenhouse facility at the federal Southern Crop Protection and Food Research Centre in London, Ontario.In the big picture, I imagine they feel some sense of pride in the facility. The centre is a long-standing, respected agricultural research icon in southwestern Ontario. It conducts studies in areas such as integrated pest management, bio-based products and processes, genomics and biotechnology, and soil and water quality.This facility will triple its greenhouse capacity. From there, researchers will pursue the likes…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!