As a result of the international Youth Ag Summit, hosted in Calgary, Alberta, a global committee on food security has been formed. The executive (pictured below) is comprised primarily of youth volunteers and will spear-head the continuation of the summit’s discussion around food security.As a part of the Summit’s agenda, delegates and mentors were divided into eight groups, and given the task of discussing one of four main challenges in food security, as summarized from candidates’ essays and video submissions. The topics included:Consumer Awareness and Needs – Education behind food production and changing dietary needsFood Waste – Storage, distribution, processing,…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!