Prices are firm, feed costs are looking softer and there’s plenty of green grass still late in the year. Let’s call it a good place to be before the moving and shaking of the fall calf run. As Anne Wasko, of Gateway Livestock, says in this edition of the Beef Market Update, fat cattle prices are $10 per hundred weight over last year at this time as sales are just beginning in to the fall run. Good feed conditions could mean the calf run starts a bit earlier this year, but sales are starting and many in the business are…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!