In case you haven’t heard, the 2013 winners of the Hult Prize (a $1M prize to help entrepreneurs start a proposed business) is a group of students from McGill, who have addressed this year’s theme, “The Global Food Crisis,” with — you guessed it —crickets! Aspire Food Group aims to grow, prepare and sell edible insects. Currently, their main product is a fortified flour, which mixes wheat, cassava or corn flour with the wholesome goodness of ground crickets. Aspire’s other products include roasted pepper and lime cricket chips, health supplements and cricket/grain meal for chickens (poultry that is, not those of you…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!