Not long ago, farmers thought their main opponents were environmentalists, bent on preventing them from implementing modern techniques and technology. Some considered it a battle against corporatism. But new research suggests that thinking has changed. In Ontario, results are emerging from a poll last winter of 400 farmers by Farm and Food Care, a group that represents farmers and businesses. It shows that these days, animal welfare is what’s really keeping farmers awake at night. It’s true, even though farmers don’t highly rate the welfare of their livestock among their personal concerns. They believe they treat their animals well, and…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!