The Farm & Food Care Foundation, a national charity with a mandate to ensure public trust and confidence in Canadian food and farming, is launching a Canada-wide farm photo contest with $4,000 in cash prizes available for winners of six categories.
Winning photos will be used by the Foundation in a soon-to-be-released 2014 edition of The Real Dirt on Farming, a publication that answers common questions asked by consumers about food and farming practices in Canada. For more information on this publication and to view the 2010 edition, visit www.farmfoodcare.org and click on the “The Real Dirt on Farming” tab. Photos may also be used in other Farm & Food Care initiatives.
Photos should fit into one of six categories (see below), and a first, second and third cash prize will be awarded for each category. To be eligible, all photos must have been taken in Canada, by a Canadian resident who owns rights to the photo. There is a limit of two entries per category per entrant, and photos must not have been published prior to this contest.
Winners’ names and photographs will be published on www.farmfoodcare.org and www.farmcarefoundation.ca and may be used in the 2014 edition of The Real Dirt on Farming or in other Farm & Food Care initiatives.
All entries must be received by email by end of day on June 30, 2014.
Visit www.farmfoodcare.org for full details on the contest, use of the images and rules and regulations.
- Canadian Farm Scenes – Grab your camera to capture the beauty of Canada’s rural landscape;
- Farm Faces – We’re looking for your unique farm family photos, farm friends or a photo of farmers at work;
- All about Animals – Farm animals in their barns or fields;
- Farm Innovation – Technology at work on Canadian farms;
- Crazy about Crops – Photos of crops being grown in fields or greenhouses across Canada;
- Farm Fun – Be creative! We’re looking for photos of people having fun while farming.
* Non-winning entries used in The Real Dirt on Farming booklet will receive $50 per photo.