Agri-Food Management Excellence (AME) Inc. and Farm Management Canada (FMC) have announced a new partnership to enhance the delivery of the Canadian Total Excellence in Agricultural Management (CTEAM) program, Canada’s only national farm business management training program.
AME and FMC will be working together to conduct an in-depth analysis of the CTEAM program, assessing its reach and impact, and identifying areas for program enrichment, including alumni and lifelong learning programming, and connectivity with complementary international programs, according to a joint press release.
CTEAM is a two-year skills development program specifically designed for farm managers and ranchers with a desire for excellence in management, production, and marketing. The early bird deadline for the 2014-2016 class is Sept. 30. The first class begins December 8th, in Abbotsford, B.C.
Over the course of the 2-year, four session program, participants:
- Learn from leading industry experts across management disciplines
- Develop and implement their own strategic and operating plans unique to their farm
- Learn how to benchmark their financial status against the best and how to financially optimize their assets
- Learn how to confront change with confidence for continued growth, expansion, succession and transition
- Build a lifelong network of peers and management experts
Life-long learning opportunities for alumni include international study trips.
Farmers are encouraged to look to their Provincial/Territorial Ministries of Agriculture for information on cost-share funding opportunities to participate in the CTEAM program.