Growing Degree Days (GDD) are an indicator of expected crop development based on weather conditions. GDDs are calculated by taking the mean temperature over a day and subtracting a base temperature. For most cereal grains, the base temperature is considered 5 degrees C, as they require around 1200 GDD to reach maturity.
- Wheat School: 4 Areas of Focus to Make Bigger Yields a Reality
- Wheat School: Did my Wheat Make it? Early Input Decisions for the Ontario Wheat Crop
- Wheat School: Two Methods for Evaluating Survival of Winter Wheat
- Wheat School: Nitrogen Application Timing for Winter Wheat
- Wheat School: Fusarium and the Importance of Seed Tests
- Wheat School: Seed Treatment Considerations for Disease & Insect Control
- Wheat School: Anticipating Flag Leaf Fungicide Timing Using GDD
- Wheat School: Doing the Math on Plant Population
- Wheat School: Stripe Rust ID, Risk Factors & Over-Wintering
- Wheat School: The Growing Degree Day Game
- Wheat School West: The Power of Protein
- Wheat School: Economic Thresholds for Stripe Rust
- Wheat School: The Fusarium Head Blight Spray Decision
- Wheat School: Being Proactive with Cereal Leaf Beetle
- Managing Residue Key to No-Till Wheat Planting
- Wheat School - Calibrating Your Box Drill With Rubber And Basic Math
- Wheat School: Why Leave Those Pea Fields Bare? Rotation Partners for High Yields
- Wheat School: Yes, YOU Must be Putting Phos Down With Wheat!
- Wheat School: Late Planted Soybeans Are Holding Up Wheat Acres — What Are Your Options?
- Wheat School — Getting Grain to Market With Producer Cars
- Wheat School: Milling Quality Surprisingly High in Downgraded Wheat
- Wheat School: Where Has the Buzz About CPS Wheat Gone?
- Wheat School: Very Little Germination in the Fall — Is My Wheat OK? (How about My Moustache?)
- Wheat School: New Potential for Fusarium-Affected Wheat
- Wheat School: The Nitrogen/Fungicide One-Two Punch
Agriculture in the modern age is changing rapidly. Rising global population and shifting trade policies affect the pricing, supply chain, and delivery of food products. Meanwhile, consumer preferences, especially in western countries, are shifting toward organic and sustainably-produced products and produce that require more attention, data, and labour. These growing and changing demands need to…Read more »