With the news last week that the Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association has become a member of Cereals Canada, some farmers in Saskatchewan are now wondering where their provincial organization — the Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission — stands. According to its strategic plan unveiled earlier this month, the goal for the newly-formed Cereals Canada is “to ensure a profitable and vibrant future for all links in the cereals value chain,” including farmers who grow Canada’s largest cereal crop in the highest producing province. Along with the Manitoba grower group, the list of producer organizations that are already members in Cereals Canada…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!