From October 27-31, farmers in Saskatchewan will have the opportunity to safely dispose of obsolete pesticide and livestock medications.
The initiative is organized by CleanFARMS, a not-for-profit stewardship organization with an impressive track record. Last year, Alberta alone contributed 35 800 kilograms of unwanted pesticides for safe disposal, and since the program’s 1998 launch, it has collected more than 1.9 million kilograms of obsolete pesticide.
— CleanFARMS Inc. (@CleanFARMS) October 6, 2014
This year, CleanFARMS has expanded its initiative to include livestock medications, hitting Quebec (complete), British Columbia (Oct 15-23), Prince Edward Island (Nov 3-14) and southern Saskatchewan (Oct 27-31).
For Saskatchewan producers, collection sites will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the following days.
Monday, October 27, 2014
- Cargill in Congress, 306-642-4956
- Richardson Pioneer in Davidson, 306-567-4778
- Blair’s Family of Companies in McLean, 306-699-2822
- Wynard Coop Agro in Wynard, 306-554-3644
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
- Richardson Pioneer in Canora, 306-563-5177
- Hillcrest Enterprises Ltd. in Coronach, 306-267-6110
- Richardson Pioneer in Kindersley, 306-463-3399
- Richardson Pioneer in Lampman, 306-487-3121
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- Top Notch Farm Supply Inc. in Fillmore, 306-722-3200
- Richardson Pioneer in Maple Creek, 306-662-2420
- Sharpe’s Soil Services Ltd. in Moosomin, 306-435-3319
- Crop Protection Services in Shaunavon, 306-297-4121
Thursday, October 30, 2014
- Ren Gro Fertilizer Ltd. in Milestone, 306-436-4330
- Crop Production Services in Oxbow, 306-483-2908
- Blair’s Family of Companies in Strongfield, 306-857-2225
- Richardson Pioneer in Swift Current, 306-778-1616
Friday, October 31, 2014
- Innova Ag Solutions Inc. in Central Butte, 306-796-2102
- Future Four Agro Inc. in Macoun, 306-634-9320
- Prairie Plains Ago Ltd. in Moose Jaw, 306-692-1661
- Crop Protection Services in Regina, 306-757-3501