Guest editorial by Henry Vos, a former Canadian Wheat Board director from Alberta. Editor’s note: This week the Friends of the Canadian Wheat Board, a group that includes some former CWB directors, applied to have the Supreme Court hear their appeal to move ahead with a class action lawsuit against the federal government. The $17 billion claim seeks financial compensation for losses the group says were incurred as a result of the government’s decision to end the CWB’s single desk monopoly. It is hard to fathom that just over two years ago Western Canadian farmers faced the prospect of jail…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!