North Americans can and do choose to spend 30% or more on organic or market-differentiated food because we can. We’re an incredibly wealthy society, by and large, and are only required to spend about 8% of our income on food. So does that give us the right to condemn those who can’t afford to pay to support a “food philosophy”? That’s just one of the key messages Rob Saik brings forward in his TEDx talk given recently at the event in Red Deer, Alberta. Related: Check out Rob Saik’s Agri-Treks video series! A staunch supporter of technology’s use in agriculture,…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!
Please register to read and comment.