Paul Hetherington, CEO of the Baking Association of Canada says we need a better understanding of the public acceptance of genetically engineered wheat. Hetherington spoke at the Western Association of Wheat Growers’ AGM in early January, with a presentation entitled The world as it is, not as we may want it to be. In the presentation, he identified three key challenges for wheat producers: mycotoxins, adventitious presence of allergens and biotechnology. Related: Will Agriculture be Allowed to Feed 9 Billion? Rob Saik’s TEDx Talk “What understanding is there in regards to consumer acceptand and demand,” Hetherington asks in an interview with Kelvin Heppner. It’s…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!