Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan, a new group designed to connect consumers to farmers across the province, has announced its first board of directors.
“We’re so pleased to have a slate of directors on board who represent the different stakeholders involved,” says Adele Buettner, executive director of FFC SK. “Not only will farmers and ranchers be an integral part of Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan, but also food processors, retailers, wholesalers, chefs… all those who have a vested interest in food and farming in the province.”
The 2015 Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan Board of Directors are as follows:
- Pat Beaujot – Seedhawk No-Till Seeding Solutions, Langbank
- Larry Grant – Saskatchewan Cattlemen’s Association, Val Marie
- Erwin Hanley – Saskatchewan Flax Development Commission, Regina
- Shelley Jones – Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture, Regina
- Dale Leftwich – SaskCanola, Esterhazy
- Brian Lindenbach – SaskMilk, Balgonie
- Jeff Mathieson – Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission, Regina
- Shannon Meyers -Saskatchewan Pork Development Board, Saskatoon
- Laura Reiter – Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Radisson
- Henry Van Ee – Chicken Farmers of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
- Tim Wiens – Saskatchewan Pulse Growers, Herschel
- Danny Wollman – Saskatchewan Egg Producers, Ponteix
Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan was incorporated in September 2014 and held their inaugural conference December 10-11, 2014 in Saskatoon. The new Board will select their executive at their upcoming spring board meeting.