From the Agricultural Growth Act receiving Royal Assent to new questions surrounding the strange case of missing quarantined heritage sheep in Ontario, there’s plenty to discuss in this week’s ag news recap.
Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz, meteorologist Drew Lerner, McGill University’s Joe Schwarcz, Dave Solverson of the Canadian Cattlemen’s Association and others make it into “This Week on Real Ag” for the week of February 26th, 2015:
- Agricultural Growth Act — Bill C-18 — Receives Royal Assent
- Being Comfortable with Science in our Everyday Lives: Dr. Joe Schwarz
- Mixed Summer Forecast for Prairies, as High Pressure Ridge Expected to Stay Over Western Saskatchewan
- Questions Over Scrapie Testing Protocol Raised During Ontario Sheep Rustling Trial
- Canola-Wheat Price Ratio Shifts in Favour of More Canola Acres
- Beef Market Update: Tight Supply Support, Consumer Buying Power and Rational Responses to BSE