The announcement by U.S. restaurant chain Chipotle that it has eliminated all GMOs from its menu (with some exceptions, of course) is drawing major criticism from not only the agriculture and science communities, but the mainstream media. The Washington Post, Bloomberg and TIME were among the outlets that published articles last week denouncing the GMO-free claim. Bloomberg’s health editors noted Chipotle “has done nothing for the public good, and has only capitulated to anti-GMO fervor,” while the Washington Post’s editorial board declared “the anti-GMO lobby has scared people, and burritos can be sold by pandering to these fears.” (Find a list of similar…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!