It’s a change many will confront but few will talk about — leaving the farm. Walking away from the farm is so much more than leaving home. It’s leaving a lifestyle, a community, an irrevocable bond with the land, and the animals. For some, it’s just the next step on a long journey, for others, it’s absolutely heart-wrenching. Susan Blair went through the start of incredible changes when she sought off-farm income in 1990, just seven years after purchasing her own land. It was a change initiated by world trade wars, high interest rates and drought. Today, Blair is the executive director…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!