John Deere has turned the spotlight to its revamped 5E Series tractors this week.
The 5085E and 5100E (at 85 and 100HP, respectively) can handle 3200lbs of rear weight, and up to 3500lbs at full loader height on the front. And, it appears they’re designed with that sort of work in mind, with an extra 3.6′ of visibility at the front thanks to a sloping hood and raised operator platform.
The new 5E tractors have a 24/12 PowrReverser transmission, which shifts from hi to lo without a clutch and increases top speeds by 33.3%, according to John Deere. It’s also Final Tier 4 compliant.
Other features include:
- A high-output LED work light option
- New LCD instrument cluster, combining three screens into one
- Slide-out condenser and radiator screen
- Tiltable charge air cooler and slide-out oil cooler
- Sway bars and telescoping draft links
- Final Tier 4 engine
- Standard Economy PTO
- Stackable mid and rear SCV valves
John Deere also announced an upgrade to its 5ML tractors this week, for low clearance/hard-to-reach environments. The 5ML tractors come in 100 or 115 engine horsepower, have two transmission options and feature a backlit LCD panel.