Even with other major stories percolating — sex education in schools and the federal election among them — the Syrian refugee crisis has thankfully not been nudged off the front pages. Noble and determined efforts are underway everywhere to help the estimated Syrian refugees find new homes. Last week, the Ontario government pledged $10.5 million to resettle 10,000 refugees here by the end of 2016. About $2 million of that will go to immediate humanitarian help. Also in the province, an initiative called Lifeline Syria will recruit, train and assist sponsor groups to support 1,000 Syrian refugees coming to Canada…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!
Please register to read and comment.