It’s been a tough growing season for producers across the country; some are still struggling with what to do with dry, dry land. And that’s how Peter Johnson, RealAgriculture’s resident agronomist and host of Wheat Pete’s Word starts of this week’s podcast, mentioning this tweet from Adam Pfeffer: @WheatPete what’s the protocol for planting wheat into dust? Wait for a rain or just go? Any need to plant to moisture? #drought15 — Adam Pfeffer (@AdamJPfeffer) September 9, 2015 “If you can find moisture, up to three inches deep, plant three inches deep. Absolutely, you have to plant to moisture,” Johnson says. “If you can’t…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!