“Canada reaches TPP trade deal, will pay out $4.3 billion to farmers” “Harper hails TPP, promises $4.3 billion to protect farmers” “Harper promises $4.3B for dairy farmers” Dairy and poultry farmers across Canada may have been disappointed to see the federal government open the border to more imports in the Trans-Pacific Partnership announcement on Monday, but deep down there was likely a feeling of relief that the damage to supply management was not as bad as it could have been. At least at first glance. There had been talk that Canada would open up 10 percent of its dairy market, but…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!