The Canadian ag sector has been quick to respond to the conclusion of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. Here’s a summary of industry and public reactions: General | Dairy | Oilseeds & Specialty Crops | Grain | Beef |Pork | Poultry & Eggs General Canadian Federation of Agriculture CFA is reviewing the details of the deal to better understand the varied outcomes for Canadian farmers. “The Japanese market alone offers huge potential for our beef and pork producers,” noted Ron Bonnett, CFA President. “With our reputation for producing high products, Canadian farmers should be able to make substantial inroads into the Pacific Rim markets.” “Certainly increased…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!