Not all booths at Agritechnica provide the most highly technical of products. Sometime innovation comes from the simplest of ideas.
Fortschritt introduced RealAgriculture’s Shaun Haney and Jason Stroeve to the Silage Compactor at the Agritechnica show in Hannover, Germany. One of the interesting features of this product is the packers look and feel like train wheels.
According to the tech specifications in the pamphlet, a 2.1 meter working width (7 wheels) produces 2500 kg of weight and 3.6 meters working width (12 wheels) produces 4800 kgs. The unit is attached to a three point hitch tractor.
Features and benefits include (from pamphlet):
- even compressed silage over the unit width
- less diesel consumption due to less rolling
- higher stockpiling at higher compaction (<10% per m3)
- higher operational safety and better pack on edge of pit.
- minimal inspection work (greasing of only 2 floating bearings)
Stay tuned for more great coverage of Agritechnica 2015.