Grain markets this week were mostly lower as complex continued to trade sideways. They faltered on Friday with a strong US employment data report and poor US export sales from last week. US corn sales dropped 22% from the week previous, wheat export sales were down 85%, and soybeans were down 69% week-over-week to a marketing year low! That being said, basis for corn and soybean has been relatively steady to higher, supporting cash prices. While managed money covered a lot of wheat shorts last week, there was expectation more of that could happen this week (and it appeared to…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!