Have a question for Wheat Pete? Call 1-888-746-3311, send him a tweet (@wheatpete), or email him at [email protected]
The Guide to Weed Control is available now.
- SouthWest Ag Conference highlights.
- Dave Hooker on nitrogen and fungicides interacting the same way in corn as they do in wheat. Synergy where 1+1 does not equal just 2.
- Residual fertility makes a huge difference.
- New research with glyphosate tolerant crops shows critical weed free period might be much earlier than we thought on corn.
- Marketing – Big, big crops, big, big carryovers.
- It looks like 2016 spring residue will be decomposed much more than 2015.
- Don’t farm last year’s weather!
- Tile drainage – seems to have a good impact on dry years as well as wet.
- If you rent or own in Ontario, tile.
- Is there any research that says the yield benefit from other cover crops is as good as red clover?
- We have to be much better at understanding when nitrogen releases out of cover crops.
- Roots Not Iron project – tried cover crop in corn. More work needs to be done on this.
- Soil sampling – in high yield zones, really low fertility. In low yields, incredibly high fertility. Makes sense, right?
- Buctril M + fungicide +20 gallons water = burn in wheat. What do I do?
- SouthWest Agricultural Conference (Jan 5-6, 2016)
- Farm Start – Digging into the Business of Farming Course
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.