We have more than covered the negative side and controversy of the Bill 6 legislation in Alberta. The biggest benefit of the bill is not the protection of workers, a safer farm workplace or compensation for injured or disabled workers. Much of this is either already happening or is not truly enabled by the bill. The greatest benefit has been the formation of a coalition. Now this may seem strange to you but the majority of check-off dollar funded member organizations (and others) do not regularly look across the table at each other. Typically, the organizations tend to gather with peer organizations that…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!