In this week’s Word
, Peter Johnson, resident agronomist for RealAgriculture and host of this weekly podcast, answers questions around cover crops, rotations, red clover, fertility and insecticides.
Have a question for Wheat Pete? Call 1-888-746-3311, send him a tweet (@wheatpete), or email him [email protected]
- Brewers in England will no longer accept barley that has been sprayed with growth regulators.
- “The value of pipe is just behind the value of quota.”
- Any new insecticide seed treatments coming down the pipeline to target bean leaf beetle?
- Extensive study on red clover in Brant County showed the most consistent was March seeding, December the least.
- Single cut or double cut red clover on heavy clay soil?
- Under-seeding wheat — red clover or alfalfa?
- Worrying about preferential flow of nutrients in manure.
- Putting a value on corn stover for compost.
- Overcoming low pH.
- Building soil ahead of soybeans.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |