Have a question for Wheat Pete? Call 1-888-746-3311, send him a tweet (@wheatpete), or email [email protected]
- Yowzers – what a cold weekend!
- If you had snowcover, no problem. Winter wheat is at the second stage of dormancy in the province, and can withstand temperatures as low as -9C at the crown.
- Some ice in eastern Ontario is more worrisome than cold temperatures.
- Light, fluffy snow has unbelievable insulation value.
- We lose far more wheat in March from freeze/thaw than to cold temperatures in the rest of winter.
- Pest Management Regulatory Authority is proposing to cancel certain uses of chlorothalonil.
- Have to support valuable, well-studied chemicals, and not overuse them.
- Why do I need to put nitrogen down in every row with Y-Drops? Wouldn’t skip-row nitrogen work?
- Be careful, if you’re going to wait to do a second application of nitrogen when corn about waist-high, make sure you’re not shorting the crop before that.
- What’s the best way to manage fertilizer when applying manure?
- Fleabane rosettes are massive! It will take 3 modes of action to get ’em.
- Integrity residue in tank + eNtrench = J-E-L-L-O!
- You need two modes of action to get season-long control of nightshade.
- Know your re-cropping restrictions!
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | All Podcasts
Please register to read and comment.