John Deere continues to update its online tools to give farmers easier access to information to manage their operations.
The latest updates to the John Deere Operations Center were unveiled at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, Kentucky, in February. The Operations Center allows users to see performance over time and collaborate with partners to gain insights, increase profits, and direct cropping plans with more precision in the field.
The most significant update is the addition of a Prescription Creator. In this video, John Deere product manager Laura Donaldson explains how this allows farmers to work with their consultants to easily construct management zones and variable rate prescriptions based on yield and moisture to data. The prescription is then available in the Operations Center where it can be sent wirelessly via JDLink to any machine or partner directly within the application.
Other new tools and features available in the John Deere Operations Center include:
- Agronomic data captured from the 4600 CommandCenter can now be stored and viewed in the Operations Center.
- New functionality in Job Monitor offers growers the ability to remotely monitor planter performance through the use of SeedStar Mobile and continue to view that performance information after a job is done.
- A Notifications Center replaces the Recent Activity Panel to provide a place to contain alerts, notifications, and other information, with the ability to filter those messages.
- Data clean-up tools give users the ability to adjust documentation data fields such as crop type, variety, and crop season.
- Setup Builder capabilities are improved to include new functions such as templates and profiles.
- New ability to export all application data from Operations Center as a shapefile.