In this week’s Word, Peter Johnson, resident agronomist for RealAgriculture, tackles everything from frost seeding to broadcasting fertilizer.
- Get the red clover on the wheat! For goodness sakes, don’t wait any longer!
- No changing Wheat Pete’s mind on GMOs.
- We’ve covered tillering, but how about quantities? How much nitrogen do I put on early versus late?
- Taking it slow with increasing nitrogen applications in the nitrogen/protein debate.
- What’s with the dip in production with newly broke land? Is there a way to maximize yields in those first years?
- Is there a nitrogen credit on soybeans?
- Is all this data from the 1970s still applicable?
- Are you wasting fertilizer by broadcasting it?