Editor’s note: Saskatchewan dairy farmer Cam Houle’s tweet about people taking farmers for granted has resonated widely, receiving more than a thousand retweets since it was posted on April 10th. RealAg’s Shaun Haney wrote this column “Has Farming Become a Thankless Job?” in response. Now Cam shares the story behind the tweet and the lesson from it: I was angry. I was bitter, and tired, and frustrated, and embarrassed, and angry. My debit card was declined at the grocery store. The same store where the product I worked so damned hard to produce was sitting right in the cooler. I had a cart full…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!