How will the Ontario government’s $7 billion Climate Change Action Plan affect the province’s agriculture industry? Based on the details released this week in the Globe and Mail, the big jolt would likely come in the form of a phase-out of natural gas in the province. Farm leaders have lobbied hard for the gasification of rural Ontario in hopes of bringing a cheaper energy source to Ontario farmers. The ag industry was happy to see the commitment to rural gas renewed in the provincial budget last April, but the Globe and Mail reports the Liberal government now intends to begin…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!