In March, Monsanto CEO Hugh Grant stated that his global seed and trait company was going to focus on research and development instead of a agri-business mega merger. Even if that was his intent, the talk of a possible merger or acquisition didn’t go away for long. This week Reuters and Bloomberg have been aflutter with potential Monsanto acquisition rumours. What is different now is that Monsanto has moved from the purchaser to possibly being acquired by Bayer or BASF. So say it moves from the “internal discussion” stage to reality, what kind of impact would this have? What if Bayer…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!