There are plenty of questions, but not many answers when it comes to the future of the Port of Churchill. We know its owner, OmniTrax Canada, gave port employees layoff notices on Monday afternoon, with the 2016 shipping season just weeks away. We know OmniTrax is trying to sell the port and received a letter of intent to purchase it from a group of First Nations last December. We also know there was some grain booked to be moved through the port this year. OmniTrax Canada president Merv Tweed has not been available to explain what the company is planning.…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!