Marketing has never really been about honesty. It has always been about selling dreams and fantasies of a life you want to lead. Whether it be smoother cigarettes, faster cars, more absorbent diapers or even healthier food. Connecting the consumer to this happiness involves confirming someone’s existing biases or promising them that their purchase leads to true happiness. “Your life will be better if you just had this one thing.” So knowing all of this, why does advertising upset us so much? Many of us have had heated debates about the marketing of A&W, Subway, Chipotle, Earls Restaurants, and Del Monte at…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!