23 Cattlemen’s Young Leaders (CYL) semi-finalists headed to Calgary for the Canadian Beef Industry Conference earlier this month, and this week, 16 finalists were announced, including:
- British Columbia: Ryan Scorgie – Kamloops
- Alberta: Becky Tees – Cochrane, Grayden Kay – Lloydminster, Jessica Sperber – Rimbey, Jesse Williams –Hanna, Katie Songer – Sylvan Lake, Luke Marshall – Innisfail, Madeleine Knodel – Seven Persons, Mel Hermanson – Hussar, Nicole Viste – Hanna
- Saskatchewan: Kylie McRae – Kisbey, Mona Howe – Leader, Roxanne Olynyk – Regina
- Manitoba: Kristy-Layne Carr – Marchand, Wilco van Meijl – Brandon
- Ontario: Jason Hurst – Guelph
The finalists will be paired with an industry representative for an eight month mentorship, which will provide industry-specific training, networking opportunities and professional skills development.
The CYL program ran a pilot project in 2010 and has seen mentorships every year since. It is funded through UFA Co-operative Ltd., Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency, Cargill, MNP, Farm Credit Canada and New Holland.
Please register to read and comment.