John Deere’s new intelligent nozzle control system promises to help sprayer operators maintain consistent droplet size and pattern through a range of speeds, while reducing overlaps, skips, and drift.
The ExactApply system was unveiled earlier this year at the Farm Progress Show in Boone, Iowa. In this video, John Deere product manager Lydia Thomas explains that the new nozzle control system will deliver improved application efficacy and accuracy in all field shapes and sizes.
Thomas adds that ExactApply offers three times the pulsing frequency of traditional pulse width modulation systems on a wide variety of nozzles. This allows the sprayer to run at a consistent pressure and droplet size, regardless of sprayer speed and application flow rate, resulting in improved spray coverage across the entire field.
Additional features include:
- The ability to switch spraying between two pre-selected nozzles with the push of a button from inside the cab.
- The ability to automatically vary the rate across the entire boom, ensuring the correct amount of spray is applied to the right area of the field, even while turning.
- Fewer nozzles are required because of the increased range on each nozzle.
- Operator alerts to indicate whether a single nozzle is plugged.
- LED lighting on each individual nozzle for improved visibility of spray pattern in low-light conditions.
Click here for more Farm Progress Show Coverage.