This is an op-ed submitted by Levi Wood, Saskatchewan wheat farmer and president of the Western Canadian Wheat Growers Association; and Jason Scott, U.S. Wheat Associates chair and Maryland wheat farmer. Since the end of the Canadian Wheat Board’s government monopoly control over the marketing of western Canadian wheat, there has been a great deal of change in the Canadian wheat industry and positive modernization of many regulations. One of the most significant changes to come from marketing freedom for wheat farmers has been the growth in sales of Canadian wheat into the U.S. market. Currently, Canadian farmers delivering wheat…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!