Friday’s show, hosted by Shaun Haney and Kelvin Heppner — highlights:
- Ag ministers from across Canada reach a deal on next five-year ag funding agreement, dubbed “Canadian Agricultural Partnership.” Some changes to AgriStability and AgriInvest;
- Italy moves ahead with COOL on durum;
- Proposed changes to the Canada Food Guide raise emphasis on plant-based protein;
- New Dairy Farmers of Canada president Pierre Lampron discusses some of the high priorities he’s facing, including NAFTA renegotiation, Ontario withdrawing its marketing funds from DFC;
- Leah Olson, president of the Ag Manufacturers of Canada, discusses the state of Canadian ag manufacturing, the DOT autonomous machine, and future of the industry.
Join us for RealAg Radio every weekday at 4pm eastern on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM!