Shaun Haney is sitting in the host chair for this Wednesday edition of RealAg Radio, with these highlights:
- Economist and consultant Matthew Pot joins the show to discuss the impact of the ‘thoughtful’ North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) discussions on the Canadian dollar.
- Top agriculture news stories of the day: tax reform and ‘income sprinkling’; Farm Credit Canada supporting ON/QC customers dealing with excessive rainfall; SK pulse crops are ‘just beautiful’; 43% of equipment dealers believe new equipment inventory too high; and not all economists are bearish on cattle prices.
- Updates on Texas, including that the Port of Houston has been closed since Friday, which has a huge impact on wheat movement.
- Rocky Talk – The Ultimate Rocky Experience contest has so far seen more than 1500 entries.
- New Holland unveiled a methane-powered tractor this week at Farm Progress Show in Illinois, with 99% particulate reduction, up to 10% carbon dioxide reduction, and “the power and torque of a regular diesel”.
- Day 2 at Farm Progress Show.