The Ontario-based Ag Women’s Network has announced the first participants in its pilot mentorship program.
Led by Amanda Brodhagen and Joan Craig, the program aims to “empower women of all ages and background involved in the agricultural industry.”
“We are confident that this group of women selected for the mentorship experience reflect the demographics and diversity of our network,” explained Jennifer Christie, chairperson of AWN. “We are excited to see this pilot come to fruition and our selection committee was very impressed by the high caliber of applicants.”
The 2017-18 AWN mentorship recipients are:
- Karen Mansfield – Erin Township, ON
- Jenna de Corte – St. Thomas, ON
- Madison Cherwoniak – Milton, ON
- Stacey Jibb – Sunderland, ON
- Phyllis MacCallum – Metcalfe, ON
- Laurena Matthies – Inkerman, ON
- Kathleen Baird – Burford, ON
- Jackie Shaw – Palmerston, ON
- Rain Maki – Lynden, ON
- Jodie Aldred – West Lorne, ON
Mentor applications are still under review. Mentees will be introduced to their mentors in November, with the mentorship concluding in July 2018.