Co-hosts Shaun Haney and Kelvin Heppner are back for a post-Canadian-Thanksgiving show. After the typical sports- and food-related contemplations, this Agronomy Tuesday episode covers:
- Kelvin’s Hot Picks sitting at 4 for 5.
- Top Ag News – an update of prairie crop quality and yields, Canadian hog prices, PEDv in Manitoba, a new multi-species slaughter facility proposed for Montana, Prime Minister Juston Trudeau heading to Washington, negative tones to NAFTA, U.S. dairy back in media calling for an end to Class 7 and maybe even supply management, and the “not-so-free vote” in federal politics.
- Mike Opperman, editor of MILK, on what the U.S. is looking for on the NAFTA file, and why is access into Canada so critical to future of U.S. dairy industry.
- Peter Johnson, resident agronomist for RealAgriculture, on planting winter wheat into dry soils.
- Aaron Stevanus, Pride Seeds market agronomist, on fixed vs flex ears in corn, and management strategies for each.
Join us for RealAg Radio every weekday at 4pm eastern on Rural Radio 147 on SiriusXM!