A cash advance from Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA) gives farmers more control to market their crops and livestock when the time and price is best.
With a cash advance, farmers can access up to $400,000 in cash flow to pay necessary expenses such as inputs or capital purchases, while gaining more control to execute their marketing plan. With commodity prices fluctuating throughout the year, more time to trigger sales at optimal prices means better returns for your crop or livestock sales.
- Access to low-interest financing which lowers cost of production. With the first $100,000 interest-free and the next $300,000 at prime, farmers can borrow funds at a blended financing rate well below prime.
- Maximizes returns on commodity sales by providing more control and time to execute your marketing plan.
- Requires minimal collateral. There’s no signing over land or equipment that might be required by other types of financing instruments.
- Low blended interest rate
- Marketing flexibility for you and your farm
- Doesn’t tie up your farm’s equity
A cash advance is low-cost financing. With the first $100,000 interest-free and the next $300,000 at very low interest rates, farmers can borrow funds at a blended rate that’s well below prime. For farmers starting out, an added benefit is minimal collateral requirements, which include the grain or livestock itself and the security from your crop insurance or other BRM program.
For a list of the 45 commodities included in CCGA’s cash advance offering, visit www.ccga.ca/cash-advance or call 1-866-745-2256.
(The Advance Payments Program is a financial loan guarantee program established under Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada that gives farmers easier access to credit through cash advances.)